Content Indexing Formula Bonuses (Below)
While advertising is a critical pillar to the success of an Amazon business, equally important for long-term profitability and sustainable sales is the organic traffic of a listing.
To improve your organic ranking make sure to fully utilize your title and search terms.
Best Practices for Search Terms:
(1) No duplicate words should be in the search terms.
(2) No words in the title should also be in the search terms.
(3) Never put any of the stop words in the search terms.
(4) Don’t use both plurals and singulars in your search terms.
(5) Never go above 250 bytes not including spaces as per Amazon’s recommendations if you are 1 byte above this limit none of the words will get counted towards indexing.
A stop word is generic words such as a, also, because, been, etc… that per Amazons own guidelines don’t help indexing or ranking so shouldn’t be included in your search terms.
Full list of stop words: